Tuesday, October 20, 2009

HaPpInEsS

So i just wanted to tell everyone how great my new ward is in Idaho!! I love it there are so many great people. Because the base is here and the town is so small it is pretty much taken over by airforce LOL so our ward is about 50% Military which makes it nice because there are lots of people to relate to because they are going through the same thing as you with moving and having to make all new friends and everything like that. You know it's kinda funny because we have alot doctors and dentists in our ward so far i know of two doctors one Physician's Assistant and 4 dentists WOW alot for one ward right? So we have been to church 4 times now and already i have two callings :) Im going to be a busy girl! I am so excited for both of them becasue it will give the chance to get to know that many more people. My first calling is Acheivment days with the 8 to 12 year old girls i am so excited for this we have about 20 girls and my partner ad i meet with them ever 1st and 3rd tuesday of the month. My second calling is with my new friend Lacey Williams i tell you this becasue she is the reason i have this calling LOL she is over the ward activities and i have been helping her get stuff together for the trunk-or-treat on halloween and she has recruited me to help with many other things as well so on sunday they decided just t make me her assistant since i was doing it all with her anyway. I am thrilled to be her assistant we both moved here at the end of summer and her husband is in the airforce as well he is the only internal medicine doctor on base! It will be so nice to have a good friend to lean on through deployments! I know with Lacey and the ward and all my friends at church deployments will be so much easier to get through. I miss Utah and my family and friends down there but i know that this was the right decision for our family and we are where we are supposed to be at this time in our lifes. I feel so BLESSED at this time in my life and am so happy. It has been a long time since i have felt complete contentment with my life and knew that i was in the right place!!

3 comments:

Chelsee said...

KEISHA!!!! I love that you have a blog! Let's be blog buddies! =)
I need to see your baby! She is so so so adorable!
And I hope you are having fun in Idaho...it sure sounds like it!
Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting you get to be involved! Especially in Acheivement days! I bet that is gonna be fun!

I cant wait to see ya in a few weeks!
Love ya!

Tashina said...

How fun! I'm happy that you guys are so happy up there... Even though I still think you should live here! :) I would love to see you while you are here! So far there isn't too much on the calendar, and I know you are probably going to be busy. So, when you get here, let me know when you have some time. It would be fun for you to come down here! Can't wait to see you! Love ya!